1. Praising Allah and describing His attributes for people.
2. Mentioning Allah's order for announcing something essential and the revelation of the Quran's 67th verse of the 5th chapter.
3. Asking God to dispense him with that announcement due to his fear for the mischief of hypocrites.
4. Announcing that it was his last attendance in such a gathering of people and that leadership of the Muslim community would be upon Ali (AS) and his descendants until the Judgment Day.
5. Saying that what he mentioned as forbidden (Haram) or permissible (Halal) will remain so until the Judgment Day.
6. Describing Imam Ali's (AS) vast knowledge and significant merits and the importance of following him after his death.
7. Saying the historical statement of " whomever I am his leader (Mawla), then this Ali (AS) is his leader".
8. Repeating the Hadith al-Thaqalayn, mentioning the positions of the Quran and his household (Ahl al-Bayt) (AS) along with each other.
9. Emphasizing the succession of Imam Ali (AS) as the Caliph after him.
10. Making prayer for Imam Ali (AS), "O Allah, love those who love him and oppose those who oppose him."
11. Coming of Gabriel and announcing the perfection of religion ( a part of the Quran's 3rd verse of the 5th chapter).
12. Mentioning the mischief of hypocrites.
13. Indicating the end of Imamate with the advent of Imam Mahdi (AS) a descendant of Imam Ali (AS).
14. Prohibiting people from following false Imams in the future.
15. Ordering the audience to deliver the message of his speech in Ghadir Khum to others who were absent.
16. Enjoining people to friendship with the Ahl al- Bayt (AS) and not following their enemies.
17. Mentioning about 20 sentences about Imam al- Mahdi (AS) and his government.
18. Mentioning other merits of Imam Ali(AS) and ordering people to officially give allegiance to him as the Imam and successor of the Prophet (PBUH&HP).