Ramadan is the month of mercy. Here are 7 tips To get prepared for the month of Ramadan and make the most of it.
1. Try to practice fasting in the month of Shaban to get physically and mentally prepared for Ramadan.
2. Dedicate more time to your prayers and supplications and reciting the Quran to raise your spiritual awareness.
3. Ask Allah to forgive whatever wrong you've done in the past and help you become a better person in the month of Ramadan.
4. Carefully investigate your financial matters, making sure you've paid your religious expenses (i.e., Khums, Zakat)
5. Forgive the ones that might have done you wrong, or with whom you conflict. Lift the burden of grudges from your heart and enter Ramadan with a free soul.
6. Consider the particular daily routine you will have on Ramadan and try to plan ahead.
7. Contemplate on the purpose of fasting and the chance provided by the month of Ramadan, which is beyond abstaining from food and aims at our spiritual growth.