1. What does "Hajj" literally mean?
Heading to a place for the sake of visiting or pilgrimage.
2. What is Hajj ritual in Islam?
A pilgrimage made to Kaaba, the House of God, accompanied by certain rites.
3. What kinds of Hajj are there?
There are three kinds of Hajj: Hajj al-Tamattu, Ifrad and Qiran.
4. Where is it performed?
The city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
5. When is it performed?
Dhu al-Hijjah, the last month of the Islamic calendar.
6. How long does it take?
The rites of Hajj are performed over five or six days, beginning on the 8th and ending on the 13th of Dhu al-Hijjah.
7. How often should it be performed?
It is obligatory for every Muslim to perform Hajj at least once in their lifetime.
8. Under which circumstances should it be performed?
Having financial and physical ability, the route being open and safe, having enough time to go on Hajj.
9. What are its most significant rituals?
Ihram, Circumambulation (Tawaf), Sa'y, Taqsir, Staying at Arafat and Muzdalifah, Stoning the Jamaraat, Sacrificing an animal.