Here is some medical advice for blood donation. before, on the day, and after donating.
Before your Blood Donation:
On the Day of your Blood Donation:
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water.
- Eat a healthy meal, avoiding fatty foods like hamburgers, fried or ice cream.
- wear a shirt with sleeves that you can roll up above your elbows.
- keep Allah's remembrance while donating.
After your Blood Donation
- Keep the strip bandage on for the next several hours, to avoid a skinrash, clean the area around the bandage with soap and water.
- Don't do any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise for the rest of the day.
- Keep eating iron-rich foods.